August 6, 2008

Three days in early August


From the day before my birthday to the day after my birthday was three days (modern math). The first picture was on the day before. Three friends went on a spiritual exploration trip: we found these cliffs in Iowa(!) One of us knew where and showed us this place of solitude, at Redrock Lake, near Pella. We spend time reflecting on the beauty of the site, the beautiful sights, and we explored some personal ideas with emphasis on the goodness of our Lord.

"The day after" I and my bride went on a nice bike ride, we rode north to explore the Big Creek area. I had been there about three weeks ago, with my friend, (who also showed me the cliffs) It seems to be another "secret" place. It has much solitude, yet it is an excellent family "get-away-from-it-all" spot. The weather was balmy, but much cooler than the "day before" and even the "day of" When Iowa feels like Missouri we appreciate shade and AC.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful area! You don't think much about rock outcrops in Iowa, but I guess our trip to Madison County should have fixed that idea...

Unknown said...

I didn't care about the heat even. It was a great conversation and the cliffs were another way that I get to say a big hurrah for Iowa...by the way, you said "sites, sounds, and sighs...did you mean sights as in seeing or sites as in websites? hee hee

Unknown said...

OK you bikelikers, I changed the banner.... (to reflect the "true" meaning,) who is talking anyway?
I guess the American language does pose some problems for us Dutchies