April 12, 2010

New Life


The winter weather has vanished. Trees are sprouting, grass is greening, birds are singing, and the sun is nice and warm on my face. We have put on nearly 500 miles on the Bergman, since the temperature has remained above freezing. We are exploring the surrounding area of Des Moines. Usually we find a local hang-out for something to drink or a bite to eat. Many times we look for local wineries, for a taste and maybe taking a bottle or two home for later enjoyment.

On Tuesdays we work at the VA. Corrie works at the volunteer office and I work as a HHV volunteer, Helping Hospitalized Vets. We provide leather-craft kits, wood working kits, some modeling kits, like cars or airplanes, as well as a variety of other occupational activity kits; poster painting, sun-catchers and so on. Most of the patients I am working with have some limitations, they usually need some help completing their craft kits. I really enjoy doing these crafts with the patients and I get to complete some for myself as well, like the clock.

No comments: